Dark Chocolate Cake Bites
recipes we love right now
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE BITES PAIRED WITH DIAMOND COLLECTION CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (4-oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- Caramel Frosting Recipe
- Cook butter, cocoa, chocolate, and espresso powder in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Beat sugar and eggs in a large bowl at high speed with a mixer until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture and sour cream.
- Spoon batter in miniature muffin cups sprayed with baking spray with flour Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Pipe or spread Caramel Frosting over cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcakes with sparkling sugar, if desired.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (32-oz) pkg confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 Tbsp milk
- Cook brown sugar, water, salt, and ½ cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Beat ½ cup butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar mixture in a large bowl at high speed with a mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth. Beat in milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Emeals: Meal Planning Made Simple. Try it for free for 14 days at https://emeals.com/meal-plans/quick-and-healthy/