Rainbow Trout | Diamond Adventures with Andrew Rea
Andrew Rea from the popular YouTube series, Binging with Babish, helps us celebrate the adventures of summer with a collection of delicious recipes paired with Diamond Collection wines. In this episode, Andrew prepares a delightfully simple Rainbow Trout paired with Diamond Collection Pinot Grigio. Get the full recipe below.
- 2 whole trout, 10-12 oz each, cleaned and gutted
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced fresh dill and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make diagonal slashes on both sides of the fish.
- Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides and in the inside cavity as well.
- Stuff the cavity of the fish with the slices of lemon, garlic, onion and herbs.
- Rub the olive oil over the top surface of both fish.
- Roast the fish in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Turn on the broiler and roast the fish for another 5-7 minutes, until golden and slightly charred in some places. Serve the fish whole, with a bit more olive oil and some freshly squeezed lemon juice.