Brie and Bacon Jam Crostini
recipes we love right now
BRIE AND BACON JAM CROSTINI PAIRED WITH DIAMOND COLLECTION SAUVIGNON BLANC
- 2 (16-oz) pkg thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup cane vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 (16-oz) baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz) pkg brie, rind removed
- Roasted Tomato Recipe
- 3 cups arugula
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet, and drain on paper towels, reserving ¼ cup drippings in skillet.
- Add onions and garlic to hot drippings, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and browned.
- Add coffee, broth, vinegar, syrup, brown sugar, and cooked bacon to skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 1½ hours or until mixture is very thick.
- Transfer mixture to the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse 5 to 6 times or until chunky.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until toasted. Top warm toasts with thin slices of brie, about 1 Tbsp bacon jam, and desired amount of Roasted Tomatoes and arugula.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together all ingredients on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes are browned and tender.
Emeals: Meal Planning Made Simple. Try it for free for 14 days at https://emeals.com/meal-plans/quick-and-healthy/